HOT! Pork Vindaloo!October 9, 2017
Braised Beef Cheek with mashOctober 9, 2018
- 900g of Beef Fillet
- 2 sliced Garlic Cloves
- 1 thumb-sized piece of Ginger (grated)
- 1 tbsp of Dark Soya Sauce
- 1 tbsp of Sesame Oil
- 1 tbsp of Honey
- 1 tbsp of Rice Wine Vinegar
- 1 Large White Onion, diced
- 200g of Baby Plum Tomatoe (or Cherry Tomatoes if you like)
- 1 Cucumber, deseeded and sliced
- 120g of Radishes, diced
- 2 Red Chillies, finely sliced
- 2 tbsp of Sesame Seeds (Lightly toast these in a dry frying pan)
- A dash of olive oil (or fennel oil)
- 2 tbsp of Dark Soya Sauce
- 2 tbsp of Sesame Oil
- 1 tbsp of Honey
- 1 live, juiced
It’s pronounced, ‘Po-Kay’, not ‘Po-Key’
Poké is a Hawaiian dish, usually made with fish offcuts.
But for a great version that sits nicely on any dinner table, check out this version using Beef Fillet.
- First, we need to make the marinade by combining the garlic, grated ginger, dark soy sauce, sesame oil, honey and rice wine vinegar into a bowl.
- Give this marinade a good whisk with a fork. Don’t be afraid to be nice and rough.
- Cut the Fillet Steak into three or four large pieces and cover with the marinade in a large bowl.
- Cover the bowl with cling film and leave at room temperature for around 1 hour. (Don’t leave it overnight).
- Take a pan, place on the hob on a medium heat with a splash of oil.
- Saute the diced onion for a few mins until soft and translucent. Then remove from the heat and leave to cool.
- When you are ready to cook, place a dry pan on the hob over a high heat and when the pan begins to smoke, add the fillets.
- I prefer a rare steak and Beef Poké benefits from this, but you are welcome to cook the steak to your preference. I literally just sear the sides of steak all around for around 1 minute.
- Once the steaks are as you like them, place them on a tray or and wrap them in foil for 8-10 mins.
- Take this time to make the Salad, by mixing the tomatoes, cucumber, radishes and cooked onion together.
- To make your dressing, put all the ingredients in a small jar and give it a really good shake.
- Place the salad on plates, unwrap and dice the steak into cubes adding them to the plate.
- Drizzle both the salad and the steak with the dressing.
- For that added touch, sprinkle some Cooked Sesame seeds and chopped Red Chillis over.